Sunday, June 21, 2009

Using Wikis in the Classroom and Online Courses

I plan on including the Wiki I made in my class, (Wikispaces KayDean2 - piday2) by centering the entire Pi Day experience online. The purpose of using the Wiki would be that (a) the students will be motivated to find the different on-line stations that I will include (b) When I saw the Google video on "The Story of Pi", I was blown away! None of my, albeit "superior", teaching ever explained Pi in such a graphic, understandable way!

There is a plethora of content - area, circumference, reading, writing, and communicating.

As the students encounter sites that are relevant to the subject matter of Pi, they would be asked to add it to the Wiki site, with comments about how it pertains to their learning.

http://piday2.wikispaces.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment